There are many ways parents can be involved in St Kilian's School.
- Helping in the classroom with support programs e.g. reading, excursions.
- Attend meetings and other sessions where explanations are given about what is happening at school.
- Become involved with Parents & Friends or the School Board.
- Attend working bees.
- Volunteer to assist with fundraising activities.
- Attend school social events.
- Attend parent inservices.
Parents volunteering their assistance with educational programs are appreciated and valued.
Contact will be made by teachers or the Principal when help is required. Volunteer helpers are given training and direction to assist them in the required task. As a person working with children, you are in a privileged position that demands you maintain the strictest confidence at all times.
St. Kilian's School actively supports and promotes volunteering in an appropriate manner, respecting and valuing volunteer's rights and responsibilities and ensuring a healthy and safe work environment.
We recognise that people volunteer for a wide range of reasons:
- to contribute to the community
- to share a sense of purpose and fulfilment
- to meet other people
- to be with people who share similar values
- to gain particular skills or experiences
- to fulfil particular spiritual values
- to feel useful and needed.